Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lume Junkie

I love lume, so naturally I have a preference for dive watches where lume is present in copious amounts. Here is a comparison of three of the lumiest watches I own or have owned before. It's a pity I couldn't own them all at the same time, so that a better comparison could be made. Luckily, I did take lume shots of them all before!

BG W9

C1

LumiBrite
In terms of brightness, the Seiko SKX009 takes the cake easily, although it may not seem very obvious here. There are many variables that come into play such as how long it took me to take the shot after charging up the lume, and how long did I charge the lume for so the pictures may not be the most accurate representation of the brightness.

The Seiko is the only watch out of the three in which I could see the lume glowing even in the daytime. Still, aesthetically speaking, I love the lume on the Kemmner Turtle the most, and I think it's not hard to see why.

Where does that leave the Steinhart? It's neither as bright as the Seiko nor is it as cool looking as the Kemmner. It is a little disappointing if you love your watches to glow like a torch but honestly, we're comparing it to watches which perform really well in the lume department. It will fare well if lume is not one of your primary concerns with a watch. So that's it for today, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment