Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dear Getat...

The more I look at these Getat Panerai homages, the more I want one. These watches are just dead sexy, and I should add that they come at a very reasonable price too. I don't think I'll ever buy the real Panerai even if I could afford one; why when there's Getat!? 

Jokes aside, I don't think I'd blow that kind of money on a watch, at least for now! Recently, I've been thinking of getting a G-Shock DW5600E-1V as my next watch but it looks like that'll have to wait until after I get a Getat homage. Of course, pictures of the watches in question shall ensue.

First, one of the G-Shock DW5600E-1V:


And next, a couple of the Getat homages:
 

(Pictures credit of various Watchuseek members)
 
Hopefully I'll own a Getat in the coming months. That's it for today, thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe it's accurate to say that these Getats are homages. They are downright copies, replicas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kenny, thanks for your comment.

    this issue has always been a contentious one. I understand and respect your stand on the homage v replica issue.

    you wouldn't be wrong in calling them replicas. I call them homages because they are not a substitute of the real thing for me, but more of a 'what it's like to own a panerai' experience.

    ReplyDelete