Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Denim Journey - Dr. Denim to A.P.C.

The Dr. Denim Snap was my first pair of rather expensive jeans, but it was just that; a pair of jeans to me, and nothing more. I never thought much about jeans anymore at that point of time until I came across a forum known as superfuture one fine day. It was there that I was introduced to the denimhead culture and of course, I had to get a new pair of jeans after some surfing around on superfuture (try surfing some superfuture for yourself!).

I wanted to try out raw jeans for my next pair, so I decided on the Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch as I saw that it had great potential for evolution. Unfortunately, I made a mistake with the sizing on the Nudie; it looked painted on and was quite uncomfortable, not to mention really unflattering! I sold it off shortly after.
 
I was back in the hunt and decided to give A.P.C. a try. I was finding a pair that gave me that classic slim-fit look and A.P.C. seemed to have exactly that; in the form of their Petit Standard cut.

Fast forward, I've owned the Petit Standard for close to a year now. I'm not exactly hard on my jeans so unfortunately, I have to disappoint if you were hoping for some insane evolution. Still, there is enough for some pictures! They're all close-ups as it's really hard to take good photos of denim with artificial lighting. I'll take pictures of the entire thing soon but for now, enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading!
 
Tag is nice and simple

Button is nice!

Early signs of whiskering

Fading on the back

Threads coming off and fading on back pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment