Friday, March 29, 2013

And So It Arrives..

A double post to make up for the lack of updates recently! Many things were waiting for me in the mail when I came back from Guangzhou. Firstly, there was this:
 
A paracord bracelet
 
And this:
 
 Screws and movement clamp tabs, not that I need these anymore since my watchmaker could fit the movement into my PloProf Submariner without these.
 
And most importantly, this:
 
What the hell is this? Let's unravel it..
 
Oh, it's _just_ what I've been waiting for all week.
 
So Santa lives in Bad Wildbad, Germany.
Ripped it open!
 
 And a very nice looking Banda watch case lies inside.
 
Also, a paper with the features of this watch to remind you what you bought.
 
Open up the Banda case and what do we have inside?
 
Namecard and a rubber strap in sight.

A spring bar tool, and two screwdrivers were discovered too after laying the contents out.

 Finally, the watch itself.

 Here it is, the Kemmner Turtle.

Very good first impressions, it's so pretty I don't even want to take off the stickers and use it (for now)!

And the obligatory lume shot:
 
Excellent lume.

First impressions have been excellent. The whole case feels very well finished. Crown action is one of the best out of any watch I have handled. Screwing down the crown is a breeze because of the large, easy to engage threads of the crown tube. Bezel action is fantastic too, very precise and firm clicks. Overall, it has been completely worthy of being my grail.

The package that this watch comes with is fantastic. More companies should do it like this, it puts a big smile on a customers face!

Full review will come soon, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment