Friday, August 2, 2013

Finally, the Arrival of Getat!

It wasn't five days ago I was still getting really riled up with our dear Getat. His lack of unresponsiveness and irresponsibility gives one the impression that he puts his watchmaking business behind everything else. Maybe he does, I don't know, but what I do know is that when Getat wishes to deliver, he can and will in a big way!

Of course, this drastic change in my impression of him has to have a reason behind; his watch was finally delivered today! Without further ado, enjoy these quick and dirty cell phone pictures!












A full review will come soon, meanwhile here are some initial impressions. Case is nicely machined and impressively finished with a nice brushed finishing all over. Caseback has a few rough edges, but they are nothing major. One of my initial concerns was that the crown guard would be really floppy, but I guess those worries can be put to rest as it is really nice and firm!

Moving on, the lume on this is really quite good! It is at the very least on par with the Kemmner Turtle, although I will have to conduct further observation to determine the better of the two. Lastly, let's get to the strap. It's thick and chunky, and although this isn't your Jules Verne or Ted Su strap, I think this strap will hold its own just fine. In a word, nice!

All this, for the price of a mid-range made-to-order strap. 

Getat is slow and unresponsive, his QC can be shoddy at times, and other times he would get orders done wrongly. Yet, when Getat wishes to deliver, he will impress you. Not forgetting that this watch costed all of US$131, let's just say I am really pleased with this watch. Final verdict, the wait was worth it.

So that's it, I hope you have enjoyed reading today's entry! 

2 comments:

  1. I ordered mine like 40 days ago and has not arrived yet, I shouldn't be worried right?
    Iv'e been reading it's a usual thing to wait that long or sometimes more.

    Well I just hope it arrives soon!
    Congratis on the timepiece! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Alan! Based on the information I've seen regarding Getat, his delivery times can vary from as quickly as two weeks to some two months and a bit. I'd say it's no cause for worry yet, as quite a few people had to wait 60 days for their order to arrive depending on when you order. For a peace of mind however, you could file a PayPal dispute on the last day in case things go south.

      Delete