Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Ordeal that is Getat - My Buying Experience


It's been over a month since I placed my order with Getat and I still have nothing to show. I was of course prepared for a rather long wait but still, a month and a week is stretching it a little. Of course, all is not bad as I'm at the final leg of this endless wait; the tracking number has finally started working at the Hongkong Post website (after taking close to some two weeks to start working). That is a signal that the wait is nearly over and usually once the tracking starts to work the watch will reach the buyer within one week.

Here is a timeline of events in case you ever considered buying from Getat:

21st June - Order placed, invoice received and paid for immediately

10th July - Tracking number received

23rd July - Tracking number starts working, status: "Item has been posted and is being processed."

24th July - Status: "The item is being processed for departure from Hong Kong."

25th July - Status: "The item left Hong Kong for its destination."

* Latest update! *

31st July - Status: "The item arrived at its destination country."

It is a very long wait, to say the least. Let's hope it was worth it. For all future customers of Getat, take note that he is one of the worst communicators I have ever came across; I sent him around 10 emails spanning the course of one month and he never replied to a single one. I tried my best to maintain a polite tone in spite of my growing impatience and wrote those emails in Chinese to boot. I guess one shouldn't expect any replies from Getat once the money has been paid, it's mostly a fire and forget affair with him.

Will I ever order another watch from Getat again? I'd say that depends on the quality of the one which is incoming. If it is as good as what some people rave, then I will. The wait, long and arduous as it may be, would have been worth it. Anything less and it'll be the last time Getat ever hears from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment