Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Year 2015, and the Incoming of Double Monk Straps

What's up readers of The Watch Post! First off, I have to apologize as you may have realized that I never got about to making a post to sum the year of 2014 up. I'll make no excuses here, I was just plain lazy to do a write-up. So let's skip ahead a little, what can you (the reader) expect from The Watch Post this year?

Well, ironically watches will no longer be take the spotlight in The Watch Post in 2015. Why? That's because the Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V is pretty much my only go-to watch now. I've flipped most of my other watches away and am left with only the Casio G-Shock and a MDV106. There might of course be some watch related content sometimes but the focus of this blog in 2015 shall be on these few topics; office wear, shoes and EDC. Regarding the new interest in office and footwear, this naturally stems from the fact that I'm about to enter the workforce and my preferences in clothing and footwear is now influenced by what's presentable at work. So, following up from the previous post, I present a pair double monk strap shoes from Archules, the Bronx Hill II in Oak.


Of course, stay tuned for the review which I will post up as soon as I receive these babies. This pair costed me SGD $115 so I'm definitely not expecting these to be in the same league as Crockett & Jones or Edward Green. Still, they seem to have received quite a good amount of feedback on their Facebook page so I hope that these shoes will serve me well. Now, as for EDC, I always had a strong interest in it and 2015 will be a year where you readers can expect to see much more content relating to EDC.

For starters, I'm looking into getting my first multi-tool and my heart is set on the Leatherman Skeletool for now.


Now that's a sweet bit of kit. As well, you may have seen my post here on my gripes with the 5.11 Rush 12 backpack and I'm hoping to replace it with the Helikon-Tex Dragon Egg.


So today's post shall come to an end here. In the next post, you can expect a review of the Crumpler Dederang Heist which I bought to use as a bag for work. A quick impression of it so far; great. Thanks for reading and have a great day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment